Wednesday, February 3, 2010

364 more days till another groundhog's day. ...darn.

Ahh yeeeeeeah!

First post of 2010. Haha yeeeeeah. So guess what? I will most likely be going to Senegal, Africa in May. The AOAAD and Hope Alliance recently asked if I'd want to go with a group of doctors on a humanitarian trip for 3 weeks. Sweeeet. I wrote a story about their plans that was published in the Statesman newspaper, and they apparently felt it would be great to get more publicity with their service efforts.

So I'm not certain yet, but I think I'll be writing stories about what's going on, keeping up a photo log, a video log for a YouTube channel I'll need to set up, and also be blogging my way through the adventure for their webpage.

So... yeah. I'm pretty excited about it. I feel like this will really help strengthen the social media side of my resume, so I couldn't be more happy. ...unless they have a KFC over there.

Late!

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

WHAT!?!? Are you serious!??? HOW FUN!!!!!! You should totally go!!!

Only if you learn how that click lingo though. And grow an Afro.

Steph H said...

REALLY?? Pete that rocks!! (as does my happiness when you blog) I'm so proud of you! You're doing such awesome things in your life!

THIS is why we need to catch up when you're down. Argh! Why don't I have more Peter in my life??

lacy.lynn said...

africa?! w.....ow.